Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Board member profile: Mandee Nguyen

mandee_nguyen_pic.jpgMandee Nguyen, UMCF Technology Committee Co-Chair
Writer and Editor
Academic Support Resources 
kugli005@umn.edu
 
Find me online:
Personal website | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn
   
Became a member of UMCF: January 2012    

About my role on the UMCF board:
The Technology Committee handles a lot of technical support for the other committees. We update the website, maintain the membership database, and also help with email communications. I enjoy learning new technologies and being in a supportive communication role.
   
Some great Forum memories:
I have two favorite programs: one about work/life balance and the improv one. The work/life balance one was very enlightening. The improv one was a nice break from daily work.

About my role at the University
I am currently Writer and Editor for Academic Support Resources. I started at the University of Minnesota in January 2012.

Favorite place on campus:
Folwell Hall

What I like about working at the U:
It's a great atmosphere. Everyone is always pushing themselves to be better and tries to produce the highest quality product possible.

Some of the coolest projects I've worked on at the U:
I handle a lot of the website content strategy on my team. One project I loved was a redesign of the Classroom Technical Services page. It was basically a place for me to play with the website and let my creativity run wild, within University standards. :-)

Accomplishments I'm most proud of:
Before starting at the U, I was heavily involved in journalism and wrote a lot of advocacy-type articles.

More about Mandee

My hometown:
Plymouth, Minnesota  | view it on a map

Paper book or e-book:
Paper

Favorite website:
skinnytaste.com (awesome recipes!)

Favorite source of inspiration:

The Internet

Favorite word:
Bamboozle


Word that makes you cringe:
Errands (annoys me more than makes me cringe)

Favorite brand:
Old Navy

What I do for fun:
I love to read, mostly nonfiction/memoirs, but a little bit of romance novels thrown in for fun. I also am a TV and Netflix addict. My husband and I always have a new show to marathon watch. Other activities include cooking, crafting, running, and talking way too much about my animals.

My dream jobs (besides the one I have!):
A mental health advocate/researcher

No comments:

Post a Comment