Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Board member profile: Kris Junker

Junker-UMCF-Blog-Photo-09-2013.jpgKris Junker, UMCF Awards Committee Co-Chair
Office Manager, Sr. Programs Coordinator
Center for Animal Health and Food Safety  
junk0011@umn.edu  
612-624-0048

Became a member of UMCF: 2011


About my role on the UMCF board:

The Awards Committee is responsible for all aspects of the annual UMCF awards, including submissions, judging, awards procurement and presentation. I like this committee first off because the people are great, we really enjoy getting together, I like getting a first hand look at all the submissions, seeing what others are doing, getting ideas for my unit, and being a co-chair has improved my project management skills. 
   
Some great Forum memories:
Creative Work Break: Improvisation with Barry Kudrowitz in Feb 2013. I enjoyed it because it got me out of my comfort zone, and helped me see a different way to look at things.

About my role at the University
I am currently Office Manager, Sr. Programs Coordinator for the Center for Animal Health and Food Safety. I started at the University of Minnesota in July 2006.

What I like about working at the U:
The collaborative approach, everyone's voice is heard. This can be a negative thing too at times, when I just want to move forward on something and have one person make a decision.

More about Kris

My hometown:
Stillwater, Minnesota | view it on a map

Paper book or e-book:
Paper

Favorite website:
DukeUpdate.com 

Favorite source of inspiration:
Really good advertisements 

Favorite word:
Yes

Word that makes you cringe:
Circle back   

What I do for fun:
Traveling for sports is probably my number one. I love Tennis and College Basketball (primarily Duke Blue Devils and Minnesota Gophers). If I had the funds to support my sports habit, I would be on the road half the year and at every tennis major, senior night, conference tournament and NCAA tourney. 

My dream jobs (besides the one I have!):
Leading my own organization that is a hybrid of venture capital and coaching to help people start and build their own businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment