Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Board member profile: Erin "E" Kober

Erin-Kober.jpgErin "E" Kober, UMCF Marketing & Promotions Committee Co-Chair
Marketing Team Leader
Student Unions & Activities- Marketing Department 
kober008@umn.edu      
612-624-7271

Find me online: Twitter | Facebook
   
Became a member of UMCF: September 2011     

About my role on the UMCF board:
We promote the Communicators Forum to get people involved in the Forum. I like this role because I really enjoy talking to people, networking, and spreading the word about this great opportunity.  

Some great Forum memories:
I love attending the Conference each year. It is a great way to learn more about a variety of different topics and it is one of the few times each year that brings all the members together. I always feel refreshed after the Conference.

About my role at the University
I am currently Marketing Team Leader for the Student Unions & Activities- Marketing Department. I started at the University of Minnesota in August 2011.

Favorite place on campus:
Coffman Front Plaza

What I like about working at the U:
I really enjoy the pulse of campus. Students are eager to learn and get involved and I love that I get to help communicate all the opportunities that are available to them.

Some of the coolest projects I've worked on at the U:
Homecoming 2013: Ski-U-Madness marketing and communication campaign. We start planning for Homecoming months ahead of time so it is exciting to see when it all comes together and we bring thousands of people to our events.

Accomplishments I'm most proud of:
Seeing the growth of our student workers. Many of our students start their roles with little marketing experience, and it is exciting to see them grow in their roles and be able to prepare them for their professional careers.

More about Erin

My hometown:
Lonsdale, Minnesota | view it on a map

Paper book or e-book:
Paper

Favorite website:
Pinterest

Favorite source of inspiration:
Twitter

Favorite word:
Wonky

Word that makes you cringe:
None, although some songs make me cringe.

Favorite brand:
Anthropologie

What I do for fun:
Bike, run, camp, travel and explore breweries and vineyards..

My dream jobs (besides the one I have!):
Be a consultant- helping organizations to realize how they can better lead and utilize their spaces to support innovation and creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment