Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Board member profile: Honey VanderVenter

Honey VanderVenterHoney VanderVenter, UMCF Vice Chair
Constituent Relations Coordinator
College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences 
hvander@umn.edu     
612-625-6710 
 
Find me online: Twitter | LinkedIn

Became a member of UMCF: 2007     

About my role on the UMCF board:
I work with other board members and committees on any special projects that need extra support.
 
Some great Forum memories:
The Forum conference has always been a favorite of mine. I enjoy learning from the other speakers and forum members.

About my role at the University

I am currently a Constituent Relations Coordinator for the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences. I started working at the University of Minnesota in February 2007. 

Favorite place on campus:
Dairy salesroom and the libraries

What I like about working at the U:
I enjoy the diversity of topics that come up in all the projects that we do. I get a chance to work with staff, faculty, students, and the public in the work that I do. I find it a great asset to learn about the variety of perspectives and experiences people have with the University of Minnesota and with CFANS.
 
Some of the coolest projects I've worked on at the U:
I just finished coordinating exhibits and volunteers for a wing in the Agriculture/Horticulture building at the State Fair. It included Extension Master Gardeners, Research and Outreach Centers, Flavor Center, Healthy Foods Healthy Lives, the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, the Bell Museum of Natural History, Entomology, and other department exhibits throughout the fair. We also had an activity called Garden in a Glove that both kids and adults enjoyed. Plus we handed out Goldy Gopher ears that people could wear!

 More about Honey

My hometown:
Lino Lakes, Minnesota | view it on a map
  
Paper book or e-book:
Electronic

What I do for fun:
Cooking and biking are my two favorite activities. I'm not competitive in either, but they are great stress free activities for me.     


No comments:

Post a Comment