Thursday, September 12, 2013

Board member profile: Ann Nordby

Ann Nordby, UMCF Awards Committee Co-Chair
Web manager

Extension Center for Youth Development
   
Became a member of UMCF: 2007

About my role on the UMCF board:
This is my second year as co-chair of the awards committee, together with Kris Junker. I was also on the programs committee for five years previously.
We are in charge of recognizing the best communications work done across the U in a given year. That is a great learning experience for my own work. My favorite part is working with the judges, who come from outside the U, and learning what they think is excellent. Each year there are 5 judges, including one student, and last year one of the sharpest judges was our student judge.


Some great Forum memories:
I always learn something at monthly programs and at conference sessions. But networking is a big part of what the forum does, and I am happy to be a part of a small committee that is reviving the Forum's monthly mixers at the campus club. (Watch for that notice soon!!)

About my role at the University
I am currently Web manager for the Extension Center for Youth Development. I started at the University of Minnesota in 2007.

What I like about working at the U:
Being surrounded by smart people who are all working to make everybody smarter!

Some of the coolest projects I've worked on at the U:
Right now I'm on a team that's developing an online learning environment for kids in 4-H. This is exciting because it hasn't been done before. We're building in the adult mentors, educational goals, formal evaluation, and of course it has to be fun or the kids won't go there.


No comments:

Post a Comment