Friday, September 13, 2013

Board member profile: Kate Sophia

Kate Sophia, UMCF chair emerita

Student Communications Lead for the Enterprise Systems Upgrade Program

Academic Support Resources

ksophia@umn.edu      




About my role on the UMCF board:

I provide a bit of continuity and organizational memory and get to work on a little project of my own. This year I'll be focusing on how we communicate with the student population and how we can improve that.




About my role at the University:

I currently work in Academic Support Resources as the Student Communications Lead for the Enterprise Systems Upgrade Program. That means I do a lot of coordination and collaboration to support and spread the word of the Student Project (admissions, financial aid, SEVIS, student finance, and student records). The project kicked off in fall 2012 and will wrap up in fall 2014. It's been an amazing opportunity to understand the complexity of the work of those units and to work side-by-side with the incredible staff within him.

Prior to my work in ASR, I worked in the Global Programs and Strategy Alliance (in the China Center and Confucius Institute) and in the Office of Information Technology. December 2013 marks my 9th anniversary working at the University and it's still one of the most energizing places to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment