Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Member profile: Todd Reubold

Todd-Reubold.jpgDirector of Communications / Ensia Director, Institute on the Environment

Started at the University of Minnesota in 2005 and has been in his current role since September 2007.

Todd was nominated by Andria Waclawski who has gotten to know Todd and thinks he has a great story to tell. Andria adds that he is leading a solid team at the Institute on the Environment and respects what they have built.

Connect with Todd online

Twitter: @treubold

What is your favorite aspect of your job?

The people I work with! They're all incredibly creative, professional and committed to making the world a better place. Plus they're really great people, too. Together we've been able to produce some wonderful work in support of the U's Institute on the Environment.
 

Tell us about one of the coolest projects you've worked on for your job at the U?
One of the coolest projects I've worked on is probably the launch of Ensia - a magazine and events series showcasing solutions to the Earth's biggest environmental challenges. Through Ensia we've been able to raise the profile of the Institute on the Environment with our core audience while also connecting with new environmental leaders around the world.  

What do you consider to be a best kept secret about the U?
The St. Paul campus! It's quiet, the trees are beautiful, parking is easy, the ice cream is fresh, the gardens are gorgeous and each morning we enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of livestock. What could be better?!

I'm happiest when:
I'm skiing down a blue or black run high in the mountains right after a new snowfall. Especially if the ski run is at Whistler, Big Sky, Breckenridge or Vail. Pure bliss!

People may be surprised to know:
I've been playing the drums since I was ten and I spent most of my 20's touring the country with my band while signed to an Indie label.

If I could do it all over again, I would:
Start playing tennis at the age of two and win a Grand Slam by 23. (Guess I'll just have to settle for hopefully going to a Grand Slam tennis tournament someday!)




1 comment:

  1. Now I want to know the name of your band!

    ReplyDelete