Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Member profile: Colleen Ware

Colleen WareWeb editor, College of Liberal Arts (CLA) Office of Communication

Started at the University in December 1996 with CLA Student Services and left in 2003. Colleen came back to CLA in November 2006.

Colleen was nominated by Carrie Van Hallgren because "she knows so much about the U and is so versatile in that knowledge. I call on her for advice for all kinds of things. She always has time for my questions (or at least she pretends to!) and she always has such wise answers."

What is your best/more amusing U-related memory?
I met my husband in my German class when I was a student here. (Yes, to me German is the language of love.) He was absent the first day of class, and I remember thinking, "That loser's gonna lose his place in class." Good thing for me that he didn't.

What is your favorite place on campus?
I have many. I loved walking through the foyer of Northrop Auditorium (when it was open, of course), and Folwell Hall with its updates is wonderful. Walking into Rarig Center always gives me a thrill because it smells the same as it did when I was completing my theatre arts minor as an undergrad. I think our campus is beautiful. (Stuff it, Travel + Leisure!)

What do you consider to be a best kept secret about the U?
University Theatre and University Opera productions! Our students are amazingly talented. Go see them! Plus the tickets are so affordable. Tickets and events website



No comments:

Post a Comment