Friday, October 15, 2010

Member profile: Heather Smith

Job title: Executive Office Administrative Assistmollyheather.jpg

Which means: I am the admin for LCRU (cardiovascular research clinic) and do admin duties for all the coordinators and manager, schedule, do design duties, maintain the website that I created and so much more. I have many "hats".

What do you like most about your job
? When I get to do design work.

I have been at the University since
: February of this year (2010)

Areas of expertise
: Design and photography. However, I don't own an SLR, but I feel that I can still take a great picture.

Why my job matters to my unit and to the University: I'm the main face to the clinic that does research to help cure hearts and I help out the group with all their needs.

Communicators are important to the University's mission because:
We can speak for the U in a visual way.

Why did you join the Forum and how are you involved? To gain more design experience, network to get into a design related job of some kind and meet more people. I joined three of the committees through the forum.

Family members: I have 12 legs to attend to (2 cats and a dog). The cats weigh more than my dog.

Hobbies: My top hobbies are dancing latin/swing/ballroom, traveling, photography, hiking/walking outside in nature. Dancing is the main hobby as of late. I'm thinking about training for a competition for next year. I love going on day excursions in the fall time with my dog. You'll almost always see me with my camera because I love taking photos of nature and architecture. Traveling is my other passion. I want to see the world!

Current favorites:
Favorite restaurants? Boca Chica and Hell's Kitchen to name a couple.
Food? I've become a fan of the jucy lucy. Cheese, malts/shakes, fruit, state fair deep-fried cheese curds, and popcorn are a few top favorites.
Favorite places for entertainment? I love the Dakota Jazz Club. Otherwise, I love going to the orchestra or seeing a musical. I'll be seeing a ballet (Swan Lake through the Northrop system) and an opera early next year. I can't wait!

What inspires, enthuses or drives you? Traveling and dancing. When I travel or dance I feel so alive. With dancing it's such a great social exercise and it's beautiful, especially watching a room full of people doing the waltz. When I travel I have to pinch myself to believe that I'm somewhere else so beautiful, so filled with history, so unique with just a quick, or not so quick, plane ride.

People are always surprised to learn that I: have a twin brother, and that I dance latin/ballroom/swing.





No comments:

Post a Comment