Friday, October 4, 2013

Member profile: Matt Tveter

Matt TeveterMatt Tveter
Communications/Organizational Effectiveness Coordinator in Academic Support Resources

Started at the University of Minnesota on October 29, 2012

UMCF member since 2012

Matt was nominated by Kess Knight who had this to say: Matt's energy is contagious. He has a genuine passion for the communications field and it shows through his work. He joined the UMCF Awards Committee this year and will be a great contributor to the Forum.

Connect with Matt online:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/matttveter

What brought you to your current job?
I spent about 7 years working for a public school district in the Northwest metro and a few years before that teaching abroad, so I've always worked in education. I enjoy working for Academic Support Resources because I like knowing that we help keep the entire University running.


What is your favorite aspect of your job?


Working with our team, half of which is on the Communicators Forum board.



What excites you about working at the University and for Academic Support Resources?


I think that spreading knowledge and discovering new things are the most exciting things a person can do, so I'm proud to work for an organization that is devoted to those pursuits.



What is your best U-related memory?


I received both my Undergraduate and Graduate degrees from the U, and my dad went here when I was younger, so I often get déjà vu when walking around campus. My favorite memories are of the times I spent on campus with my wife, long before we were married.



What do you do for fun?


Read, write, go to concerts, museums, go camping, take kids to zoo.



What is your dream job (besides the one you have!)?


Baseball manager.



Motto or personal mantra:


Never give up.


The Top 3 highlights of my life:


My two kids being born, getting married. Non cheesy highlight: living and traveling in Europe and Asia.



People may be surprised to know:


I am certified as both a reverend and as a Thai masseuse.



Pet peeves:


When someone tells me that one of my habits is one of their pet peeves.




No comments:

Post a Comment