Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Member profile: Lisa Anderson

Lisa-Anderson.jpgWeb & Graphic Designer, Printing Services

Started working at the University of Minnesota in January 2011.

UMCF member since 2011.

What is your favorite aspect of your job?
I love that I have the opportunity to work with so many people and departments across campus. It is a unique and rewarding experience to be a part of one great organization and yet work on so many diverse projects.

What excites you about working at the U/your unit?
My co-workers are great. Not many people can wake up excited to go to work in the morning like I do. Our office is such an amazing working environment, and I couldn't ask for anything more.

What is your favorite place on campus?      
I love the Education Sciences Building. The historic building itself is pretty amazing with the bricks and beams, and the views of the river are beautiful. Having grown up along the Mississippi River, I feel a special connection whenever it is in view. So that is definitely my favorite building on campus.

What do you do for fun?    
Backpacking, remote camping, BWCA, biking, rock climbing, photography ... anything outside with my kids.

I'm happiest when:
... I'm camping on a remote beach. My favorite camping beach so far was a 4.6-mile hike to a remote beach along the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. It was absolutely amazing.

Before I die, I would like to:
... hike to the waterfall at the back of Honopu Valley, which is only accessible after a strenuous 11-mile hike on the Kalalau Trail, a quarter-mile ocean swim around cliffs, and finally climbing up a waterfall to get from the beach into the valley. 


No comments:

Post a Comment