Monday, March 25, 2013

Minimalist story telling

You may have heard of Blaise Pascal famously ending a correspondence to a friend with "I have made this letter longer than usual, only because I have not had time to make it shorter." Many writers identify with this because they understand how much time and effort is needed to convey complex meaning in few words.

I'm no designer, but I'd imagine they face similar challenges when conveying meaning with minimal visual elements. At least that's what I thought of when I saw this series of minimalist posters for fairy tales. Scroll slowly and see if you can guess the tale with just he image.




3 comments:

  1. I love these! The three little pigs is especially nice. You need the context of the story to understand, but with that it tells the whole story. I may need to adapt the swirly Rumpelstiltskin R for an emblem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The subtle texture in the backgrounds is also very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, I'm in favor of the color palette.

    ReplyDelete