Thursday, October 20, 2011

Technology and Communicating With Students

This article from UW Milwaukee caught my eye because my friend's sweet son is in the lead photo.

Technologies help students pass to head of the class


But as I read, I was stunned by this statement:
"Summarizing a recent study from Ball State University, UWM First
Year Center Director Ericca Pollack says 30 percent of students
regularly use email
, while 97 percent use some form of text messaging.
" [Emphasis is mine]
Am I super old-school because I still email? Can I even connect with students today without texting?

UW-Milwaukee's students are meeting with advisers via Skype and taking virtual field trips online. Some of our Forum members work in student services and classroom technology; what do you think of this piece? How have you changed the way you communicate with students over the past few years? How has the classroom changed? Please share your comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment