Monday, December 6, 2010

Email testing: Which call to action is best?


Email analytics are a beautiful thing. They tell us how many people opened or viewed a message, as well as how many people clicked on different links within the email. This helps inform us, as content creators, on what stories get the most the most attention, guiding future content creation.


For an upcoming email newsletter I'm considering doing some A/B testing--trying out two different versions of the email newsletter, one with a strong giving message "Donate now!" and one with a more passive giving message. I'm hoping that email analytics can advise me on which version is the most effective with my audience.


Here is an example of a similar email "call to action" test.


Has anyone else tried email testing? I'd love to hear what others have found effective.



1 comment:

  1. Just as a follow up, I discovered this website--she applies A/B testing to websites and has people vote on which one they think should win. Thought this might be interesting for anyone involved in web content or design: http://whichtestwon.com/

    ReplyDelete