Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Link Roundup, 10-26-09

I feel lucky that my work in the College of Liberal Arts allows me to dig into current issues in the arts, humanities and social sciences. In particular, I get to interact with faculty working in ethnic studies, human rights and global cultural literacy, among many others. Therefore, I try to keep up on higher ed issues that intersect with the lives and work of our faculty. Some picks:

The Academy Speaks: Current Affairs and Issues in Higher Education and its partner Web site, Diverse Issues in Higher Education



I also like to follow blogs that connect me to media and public relations practitioners, with an eye to both best and worst practices. Being a typical snarky Gen Xer, I especially enjoy Bad Pitch.



And writing! It's true when they say in order to get better you just have to keep doing it. I
think these are great:



You better be reading Writing Matters! We've had Leslie O'Flahavan of E-Write here for our conference, and we loved her!



Copyblogger: Copywriting tips for online marketing success



10,000 Words: Where Journalism and Technology Meet



No comments:

Post a Comment