Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Member profile: Pamela Vold

092309.jpgEd. note: Pamela is our newest board member, having recently joined as Program Committee co-chair. We are thrilled to have her!

Job title: External relations coordinator for the Department of Computer Science and Engineering

Which means: I'm the one-stop shop for marketing the department.

I have been at the University since: 2008, just finished my first year, and it's been a great change from corporate marketing in San Francisco the previous 8 years.

I love being a Forum member because: For people like me, who are the only communications person in their department, it's a great way to meet and learn about what other communicators are doing and resources on and around campus for doing communications work.

Hobbies: Cultivating the silly side of my almost-4-year-old son, Henry. Making, talking about, writing about, listening to and seeing live rock 'n' roll with my husband, Will. Finding new and excellent bakeries. Tell me about your favorites!

Favorite time of day: Weekend breakfasts. Not only do I get to drink coffee with my favorite people at leisure, I also get to eat a meal that is, essentially, dessert.

Cat or dog person? Cat, though I'm very envious of people who get to walk their dogs.

Random fact: I have never accepted a job that required me to commute to work by car, even though I enjoy driving, probably because most of my patience is used up by my son.

I am passionate about: Music, city living, walkable communities, supporting small and local businesses, getting to know your neighbors, sweaters, and dessert (can you tell I have a sweet tooth?)



No comments:

Post a Comment